We are currently fully enrolled for the 2020-2021 Program Year!
You may still submit an application to be considered for our wait list.
The program year will run September 8th, 2020 to July 29th, 2021.
Requirements and Benefits
Benefits of Service
- Shared member housing in one of 3 residences
- Bi-weekly stipend ($8,000.00 over 11 months)
- Health insurance plan
- Federal school loan forbearance
- $6,345.00 Educational Award (upon completion of 1,700 hours of service)
- [Related: Institutions that match the Education Award]
- Extensive and ongoing training in natural resource management, environmental education, power tool use, volunteer engagement, and event planning, etc.
AmeriCorps Cape Cod members are not employees. Members receive a stipend and are required to serve 1700 hours over 11 months contingent on grant funds awarded.
- Must meet CNCS eligibility requirements including clearance on all required National Service Criminal History Checks
- Must be 18 years or older
- Be a United States citizen, a national, or a legal permanent resident
- Two years of college or equivalent work or volunteer experience
- Must be able to provide your own reliable* motor-vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Must reside in the program-provided residence for the duration of the term of service
*Members commute to projects Monday – Friday across the Cape (5-60mins).*
Essential Functions of an AmeriCorps Member
- Demonstrated commitment to community service, volunteering and/or environmental service
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team setting
- Must possess initiative
- Extensive walking and climbing on equipment and through terrain
- Fieldwork requiring endurance and conditioning
- Ability to lift more than 50 pounds
- Ability to bend, stoop, pull, twist, and kneel
- Ability to perform demanding physical labor in all New England weather conditions (cold/hot/wet/dry/humid/snow/rain)
- AmeriCorps Cape Cod is committed to the inclusion of people with disabilities as members and can provide reasonable accommodations upon request
- Reasonable accommodations are also available for the application and interview process
We are an EOE/AA Employer
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability
AmeriCorps Cape Cod will be accepting applications for the 2020-2021 Corps on March 9th, 2020, and ending when all positions have been filled. Interviews will be offered on a rolling basis to qualified applicants who have submitted complete applications as long as positions are available.
All AmeriCorps Cape Cod member positions are funded annually contingent upon grant funds appropriated and awarded to the program by the Massachusetts Service Alliance and the Corporation for National and Community Service.
Step One: My AmeriCorps Application
- Create an account on the My AmeriCorps website, https://my.americorps.gov/mp/login.do
- Create a profile and fill out an application
- Search for the Barnstable County AmeriCorps Cape Cod listings and click the “Apply Now” button
Step Two: AmeriCorps Cape Cod Supplemental Application
- Submit a Supplemental Application
**Please note your application is not complete until your electronic My AmeriCorps application and your Supplemental Application (and supplemental materials) have been received**
You will be notified by email when your application materials have been received. Applicants meeting the program requirement will be contacted by email to schedule an interview date and time. Interviews are conducted over the phone.
Request More Information
To get more information about AmeriCorps Cape Cod, you can contact us in the following ways:
AmeriCorps Cape Cod
P.O. Box 427
Barnstable, MA 02630