The AmeriCorps Cape Cod Program is currently fully enrolled for the 2018-2019 service year. Please check back in March 2019 for next year’s application.
Requirements and Benefits
Benefits of Service
- Shared member housing in one of 3 residences
- Bi-weekly stipend ($8,000.00 over 11 months)
- Health insurance plan
- Federal school loan forbearance
- $5,920 Educational Award (upon completion of 1,700 hours of service)
- [Related: Institutions that match the Education Award]
- Extensive and ongoing training in natural resource management, environmental education, power tool use, volunteer engagement and event planning, etc.
AmeriCorps Cape Cod members are not employees. Members receive a stipend and are required to serve 1700 hours over 11 months contingent on grant funds awarded.
- Must meet CNCS eligibility requirements including clearance on all required National Service Criminal History Checks
- Must be 18 years or older
- Be a United States citizen, a national, or a legal permanent resident
- Must have two years of college or equivalent work or volunteer experience
- Must be able to provide your own reliable motor-vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Must reside in program-provided residence for the duration of the term of service
Essential Functions of an AmeriCorps Member
- Demonstrated commitment to community service, volunteering and/or environmental service
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team setting
- Must possess initiative
- Extensive walking and climbing on equipment and through terrain
- Fieldwork requiring endurance and conditioning
- Ability to lift more than 50 pounds
- Ability to bend, stoop, pull, twist, and kneel
- Ability to perform demanding physical labor in all New England weather conditions (cold/hot/wet/dry/humid/snow/rain)
- AmeriCorps Cape Cod is committed to the inclusion of people with disabilities as members and can provide reasonable accommodations upon request
- Reasonable accommodations are also available for the application and interview process
We are an EOE/AA Employer
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability
2018-2019 Member Application Instructions and Supplemental Application
AmeriCorps Cape Cod will be accepting applications for the 2018-2019 Corps beginning March 12, 2018 and ending when all positions have been filled. Interviews will be offered on a rolling basis to qualified applicants who have submitted complete applications as long as positions are available.
All AmeriCorps Cape Cod member positions are funded annually contingent upon grant funds appropriated and awarded to the program by the Massachusetts Service Alliance and the Corporation for National and Community Service.
Step One: My AmeriCorps Application
- Create an account on the My AmeriCorps website, https://my.americorps.gov/mp/login.do
- Create a profile and fill out an application
- Search for the Barnstable County AmeriCorps Cape Cod listings and click the “Apply Now” button
Step Two: AmeriCorps Cape Cod Supplemental Application
Send the completed Supplemental Application with required supplemental documents listed below to the firstname.lastname@example.org. Materials may also be sent via mail or fax using the information in the header on this page.
- A Copy of your Birth Certificate, unexpired U.S. Passport, Permanent Resident or Alien Registration Card or Naturalization papers
Please make sure you send only a COPY and that the copy is legible.
- A Copy of your valid Driver’s License
Please make sure the copy is clear and legible.
- College Transcript or proof of high school graduation and relevant experience
Applicants who are currently or have recently attended college must submit a transcript. An unofficial transcript is acceptable. Applicants who have equivalent experience must submit verification of high school graduation and demonstrate relevant experience in the application.
Include education, work experience, volunteer experience, internships/fellowships, and special skills
**Please note your application is not complete until your electronic My AmeriCorps application and your Supplemental Application Packet have been received**
You will be notified by email when your application materials have been received. Applicants meeting the program requirement will be contacted by phone to schedule an interview date and time. Interviews are conducted over the phone.
Request More Information
To get more information about AmeriCorps Cape Cod, you can contact us in the following ways:
AmeriCorps Cape Cod
P.O. Box 427
Barnstable, MA 02630