Recruitment for our 19th program year has concluded. Please check back in early 2018 when we will release our application for Year 20!
AmeriCorps Cape Cod’s 19th service year will be from September 5, 2017 – July 26, 2018.
- Must meet CNCS eligibility requirements including clearance on all required National Service Criminal History Checks
- Must be 18 years or older
- Be a United States citizen, a national, or a legal permanent resident
- Must have two years of college or equivalent work or volunteer experience
- Must be able to provide your own reliable motor-vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Must reside in program-provided residence for duration of term of service
Essential Functions of an AmeriCorps Member
- Demonstrated commitment to community service, volunteering and/or environmental service
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team setting
- Must possess initiative
- Extensive walking and climbing on equipment and through terrain
- Fieldwork requiring endurance and conditioning
- Ability to lift more than 50 pounds
- Ability to bend, stoop, pull, twist, and kneel
- Ability to perform demanding physical labor in all New England weather conditions (cold/hot/wet/dry/humid/snow/rain)
Benefits of Service
- Shared member housing in one of 3 residences
- Bi-weekly stipend ($6,650.00 over 11 months)
- Monthly fuel allowance
- Health insurance plan
- Federal school loan forbearance
- $5,775 Educational Award (upon completion of 1,700 hours of service)
- [Related: Institutions that match the Education Award]
- Extensive and ongoing training in natural resource management, environmental education, power tool use, volunteer engagement and event planning, etc.
AmeriCorps Cape Cod members are not employees. Members receive a stipend and are required to serve 1700 hours over 11 months contingent on grant funds awarded.
- AmeriCorps Cape Cod is committed to the inclusion of people with disabilities as members and can provide reasonable accommodations upon request
- Reasonable accommodations are also available for the application and interview process
We are an EOE/AA Employer
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
Applications for Year 20 (Sept 2018-July 2019) will be available in March of 2018.
Request More Information
To get more information about AmeriCorps Cape Cod, you can contact us in the following ways:
AmeriCorps Cape Cod
P.O. Box 427
Barnstable, MA 02630